Write less, do more.
- Light Weight Library Files
- HTML DOM Manipulation
- CSS Manipulation
- Event Handling
- Effects and animations
- Ajax Interactions
jQuery is cross platform compatible, i.e. It is supported by many popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari and others.
Cross Browser Support
- jQuery is useful in HTML document like Event Handling i.e., clicking on links, mouse up, mouse down, Animating Effect, Traversing, Ajax Interacting and much more.
- jQuery makes the work of developers very simple in creating a simple web based applications and concise code.
jQuery Overview chapter draws out the following main points.
- John resig developed jQuery in 2006.
- jQuery supports cross browsing.