After being put into effect, Ayushman Bharat Yojana
, now known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
, seeks to be one of the largest health insurance schemes in the country.
These 10 main features are to the disadvantaged segments of society and the healthcare industry in the country as a whole.
1. Rupees 5 lakh per family health insurance
– The goal of the initiative is to provide to 50 crore benefactors
. This provides for Rupees 5 lakh health insurance for families residing below the poverty line. The health insurance is completely free as the annual payments are based on a ratio of 60:40 by the central and state governments
2. All families need to be included in the SECC list
– The policy’s benefactors are taken from the 2011 Socio-Economic Caste Census
. Such 10 crore benefactor families
consist of 8 crore rural families and 2 crore urban families in India
3. Greatest importance to the girl child, women and elderly
– There is no limit on the size of the family as it is implied to be progressive for everyone. Also, the scheme is particularly concerned with women, children, mainly the girl child, and those over the age of 60
4. This covers secondary and tertiary medical care
– The policy offers medical support to those in need from professionals such as cardiologists and urologists. Besides, it also includes modern medical services such as cancer, cardiac surgery, and others.
5. All diseases addressed previously
– The PMJAY
ensures that those with pre-existing diseases get treated and all public hospitals must provide treatment to them. It means that it is not possible to ignore those who need medical treatment.
6. Application and regulation without cash or paper
seeks to eliminate the pressure of cash expenditure, making the whole payment process for healthcare services cashless. PMJAY benefactors may also receive treatment across the country.
7. Significant decrease in expenditure
– It has been addressed that all public hospitals and empaneled private hospitals should not charge any PMJAY benefactors additional medical care for any wrongdoing or delay in the system.
8. Involvement of the private sector to help in accomplishing public health objectives
– As the policy involves this large number, private healthcare providers will be providing facilities. This scheme will also promote the manufacturing of health facilities and medications that are more economical.
9. Increasing the population’s standard of living
– This program will enhance the lives of disadvantaged segments of society that are significantly ignored due to health concerns which can simply be resolved with immediate treatment and resources.
10. Enlarging the platform for health insurance
will not only boost the growth of infrastructure in rural and under-served regions throughout the country but will also provide more and more Indians accessibility to health care. The government has established 1350 medical packages
covering day-care, surgery, hospitalization, diagnostic costs, and medicines.