- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/ signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/ MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager
- Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB(photograph) & 20KB(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate should fill in all his details on Page 1. After verifying that the details he has filled in are correct and clicking on the ‘Submit/ Next’ button a link will be provided on Page 2 of the online application form to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature;
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph/ Signature”
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Upload’ button