3. Education can be provided formally or informally.
2. The Charter of 1813 caused a controversy referred to as the occidental-oriental controversy.
3. The followers of the Oriental point of view supported the old Indian educational system, while the Occidental view criticized the Indian system and tried to promote English literature and Western Science via the English medium.
(b) Macaulay Minute –
2. Macaulay’s Minute described its objective of producing a community of people whose taste, viewpoint, values, and intelligence are English but Indians in blood and color.
(c) Charter of 1854 – In 1854, Charles Wood, the Chairman of the Board of control of the Company, released a Charter. This Charter is known as Wood’s Despatch of 1854.
3) Vocational Education;
4) Tertiary education – The University Grants Commission (UGC) administering higher education, distributing funds and certification to institutions, is accountable for the growth of higher education. The UGC has formed the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) for universities and colleges to evaluate them based on an alphabet ranking system from A++ to C.
Author: Vanshika Saini
Published: January 09, 2020