6. Candidates cannot leave their seat unless allowed.
7. Use of Stationery: Candidates should bring stationary such as pencils, eraser and a ball point pen to the examination hall.
8. Rough work to be done on the sheet provided: You should do all the necessary rough work on sheet provided only. After the test is over, you should hand over the sheet, given for rough work to the invigilator before leaving the room. Any candidate who does not return or is found to attempt to take or pass on the questions or answers inside or outside the examination hall will be disqualified and the RBI may take further action against him/her as per the rules.
9. Travelling Allowance not admissible: No travelling allowance or other expenses in connection with the examination will be paid.
10. The possibility for occurrences of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
11. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail cancellation of candidature and disciplinary action including ban from future examinations and police complaints.
(ii) impersonating, or
(iii) procuring impersonation by any person, or
(iv) submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
(v) making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
(vi) resorting to the following means in connection with his/her candidature for the examination, namely
(vii) using unfair means during the examination,
(viii) or writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
(ix) misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like, or
(x) using a scribe/ availing compensatory time in examination despite being ineligible, or
(xi) harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Board for the conduct of their examinations, or
(xii) being in possession of or using a mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
(xiii) violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
(xiv) attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself/ herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable.
Provided that no penalty shall be imposed except after (i) giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and (ii) taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/ her into consideration.
|Name of Post||Categories for
Gr ‘B’ –
|Blindness and low
|B||BN, C, H, KC, L, MF, PP, RW
(in Braille/software), S, ST, W
|LV||BN, C, H, KC, L, MF, PP,
RW, S, ST, W
|Deaf and hard of
|D, HH||BN, C, KC, L, MF, PP, RW,
S, SE, ST, W
Palsy, Leprosy Cured,
Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims
and Muscular Dystrophy
|OA, OL, Cerebral Palsy,
Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism,
Acid Attack Victims
|BN, C, KC, L,H, MF,PP, RW,
S, SE, ST, W
|BL||C, H, L, MF,PP, RW, S, SE|
|Muscular Dystrophy||C, H, MF,RW, SE, S|
|Multiple disabilities||OA, OL, Cerebral Palsy,
Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism,
Acid Attack Victims and
(i) blind / low vision
(ii) deaf / hard of hearing
|BN, C, KC, L, MF, PP, S, ST,
RW (in Braille / software) and
H or RW and SE (as applicable
* Functional classification: OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg, BL-Both Legs but not arms, B-Blindness, LVLow Vision, D-Deaf and HH-Hard of Hearing.
** Physical Requirements: BN-Bending, C-Communication, H-Hearing/Speaking, KC-Kneeling & Crouching, L-Lifting, MF-Manipulation by Finger, PP-Pushing & Pulling, RW-Reading & Writing, SSitting, SE-Seeing, ST-Standing and W-Walking.
(2) PwBD candidates may belong to any category (i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC). Reservation for PwBD is horizontal and within the overall vacancies for the posts subject to the posts having been identified suitable for such disabilities.
(3) PwBD candidates should possess a latest disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority as prescribed vide The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD Act, 2016). Such certificate shall be subject to verification/re-verification as may be decided by the Board/ competent authority.
(4) Within the overall notified total vacancies, PwBD candidates belonging to any category of disability will be considered for selection, subject to their suitability, over and above the vacancies notified for PwBD in this advertisement, in order to clear the backlog of PwBD vacancies.
(5) Backlog vacancies reserved for PwBD would be filled by a person with benchmark disability in the respective category. If no suitable person from that category is available such backlog vacancies would be filled up by interchange among other eligible PwBD candidates subject to the posts having been identified suitable for such disabilities.
(6) Use of Scribe & Compensatory time: At the time of online/written examination, only those PwBD candidates (who have disability of 40% or more) who have physical limitation in typing/writing, including that of speed would be allowed the facility to use the service of a scribe. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
(7) Detailed instructions for PwBD candidates regarding availing services of scribe and allotment of extra/compensatory time will be made available on Bank’s website (www.rbi.org.in) at the time of uploading of Admission Letters for Phase-I & Phase-II examinations.
Instruction for PwBD candidates using scribe
Instructions to be followed by Persons With Benchmark Disability (PwBD) Candidates who have physical limitation to write including that of speed and utilizing the services of scribe:
1. PwBD (i.e. person who has benchmark disability of 40% or more) candidates who have physical limitation to write including that of speed will only be allowed the facility to use the services of a scribe.
2. The facility of a scribe would be allowed only to those PwBD candidates who have physical limitation to write, including that of speed. In case such candidate qualifies in the on-line/ written exam/ test and is called for interview, at the time of interview, the candidate will have to produce a medical certificate from an authorised Govt. of India/ State Govt. Department/ Hospital, to the effect that the candidate has physical limitation to write including that of speed. This certificate will be required in addition to his/ her disability certificate. The medical certificate about physical limitation to write, including that of speed, should be dated prior to the date of on-line/ written exam/ test.
3. PwBD candidate should arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own cost.
4. Scribe can be from any academic discipline.
5. In case of emergency, flexibility in accommodating any change in scribe may be allowed. Where the recruitment involves more than one examination paper, candidates may be allowed to take more than one scribe for writing different papers especially for languages.
6. The additional/ compensatory time of twenty (20) minutes for every hour of examination may be allowed to only those candidates with disabilities who have physical limitation to write including that of speed and who use the facility of a scribe. However, the additional/ compensatory time of twenty (20) minutes for every hour will be allowed to all the Visually Impaired PwBD candidates regardless of whether they opt for scribe or self writing or with the help of assistive devices like magnifier”.
7. The PwBD candidates may be allowed to use assistive devices like tailor frame, Braille slate, abacus, geometry kit, Braille measuring tape and augmentative communication devices like communication chart and electronic devices in all the recruitments conducted by RBI Services Board.
8. Both candidates as well as scribe are required to furnish their particulars in the form of Joint Undertaking/ Declaration in the prescribed format (which can be downloaded from the website or e-mailed along with Admission Letter) with photograph of the scribe at the time of examination. The particulars furnished by the scribe will have to be certified by him/her as true and correct before commencement of the examination. Such PwBD candidates are required to bring the Joint Undertaking/Declaration duly completed in all respects alongwith his/ her Admission Letter at the time of the examination and handover the same to the examination centre in-charge for verification.
9. The PwBD candidates who are opting for scribe shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of scribe brought by him/ her.
10. Conversation between the candidate and the scribe should not disturb in any way the peace in the examination or the other candidates seated in the examination hall/ room.
11. Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other action that may be taken by the Bank/ Reserve Bank of India Services Board against the candidate/ scribe. The candidate/ scribe shall be subject to the rules of the examination.
12. In view of the importance of the time element, the examination being of a competitive nature, at the time of selection process/ interview/ joining the candidate will have to fully satisfy the Medical Officer of the Bank (i.e. Reserve Bank of India) that there was necessity for use of a scribe as his/ her writing speed is affected by the disabilities.
13. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that the candidate do not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that the information furnished by him/her and scribe are incorrect/ false or that they have suppressed any material fact(s), the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the examination. If any of these shortcomings is/ are detected even after the candidate’s appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.