|S.No||Name of the post||Department||Job Profile|
|1||Assistant (Workshop)||Mechanical||1. Assistant (workshop) is posted in a carriage and wagon workshop.
2. Ensures the security and maintenance of coaches.
3. Preventive and breakdown maintenances of coaches and
4. A section (eg: a Wheel shop, Bogie
|2||Assistant Bridge||Engineering||1. To assist the seniors in the construction of
new bridges under railway authority.
2. Ensure the availability of materials required
(Carriage and Wagon)
|Mechanical||1. Trip schedule Maintenance
2. Addressing the issues of BPC
3. Pit line Maintenance
4. Intermediate Overhaul Maintenance
5. ART (Accident Relief Train) Maintenance
|Stores||1. Procurement and supply of components to major mechanical,
electrical, signal and telecom workshops for maintenance of coaches, wagons.
2. Assistant (Depot) also supplies spare parts to major diesel
|Mechanical||Taking care of the overhauling of diesel locomotives.|
|Electrical||The electrical SSE in electrical is responsible for working
on the TRS sheds engaged in overhauling and assembly level
maintenance of 25KV AC electric Locos in electrical loco sheds.
|Electrical||1. Ensures electrical supply and assists the operation manager.
2. Under the supervision of a senior engineer, he does the
|8||Assistant Pointsman||Traffic||1. To handle switches or railroad points
2. To control the lever to direct the train to the required tracks
|Signal and Telecommunication
(S and T)
|1. Works under the supervision of the senior officer.
2. To provide signals to the trains as per the situations.
3. Part of the panel interlocking system. 4. Also hands
|10||Assistant Track Machine||Engineering||1. Repairs the machines under the supervision of seniors.
2. Also ensures the availability of tools/ gadgets
|11||Assistant TL & AC
(Train Lights & AC)
|Electrical||1. To look over the TL & AC (Train Lights and AC).
2. To look over the proper functioning of train’s
|12||Assistant TL & AC
|Electrical||1. To ensure the availability of tools and
gadgets required by assistant TL & AC Engineers.
2. To look over the maintenance of lights,
|Electrical||1. Responsible for the maintenance of electrical
assets like electrical locomotives, Electrical Multiple
Units (EMUs) and Main Line Electrical Multiple Units (MEMUs).
2. Responsible for all technical and organizational
|14||Assistant Works||Engineering||1. Enrolled in the manufacturing department of all
kinds of rail assets like manufacturing of coaches,
every appliance of trains, platforms sheds etc.
2. They have to create new designs for the betterment
|Engineering||1. To assist the seniors in manufacturing.
2. To ensure the availability of materials
3. Handles all the fitting and welding work
|16||Hospital Assistant||Medical||1. Providing proper care to the ailing
passenger during treatment
2. Taking care of medical aids & their
3. Cleaning Medical Equipments.
|Engineering||1. Maintaining tracks.
2. Will have to walk along the track checking
3. Keep an eye over the breakdown of tracks
4. Provides proper, safe and smooth track to the trains
5. Look over every repairs and maintenance of the track line.