Guidelines for Upload of Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Handwriting Declaration
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white background. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, number of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
Signature, Left Thumb Impression and Handwriting Declaration Image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink.
- The signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb for signature and left thumb impression.
- For handwriting declaration size of file should be 20kb – 50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb or 50 kb (for hand written declaration)
- Signature/ Handwriting declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
Scanning the Documents:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/ signature/ left thumb impression / hand written declaration, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain documents in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb (photograph and handwriting declaration) & 20kb (signature and left thumb impression) by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned documents in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph and handwriting declaration) & 20 kb (signature and left thumb impression) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/ her photograph, signature, left thumb impression and handwriting declaration.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature:
- There will be separate links for uploading Photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand writing declaration
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph/ signature/ left thumb impression/ hand writing declaration”
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph/ signature/ left thumb impression/ hand writing declaration file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your Photograph, signature, left thumb impression and handwriting declaration as specified.
(1) In case the face in the photograph or signature or left thumb impression or the handwriting declaration is unclear/ smudged the candidate’s application may be rejected.
(2) After uploading the Photograph/ signature/ left thumb impression/ handwriting declaration in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature or left thumb impression or the handwriting declaration is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
(3) After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.