SEBI is an independent body and its scope is expanded to commodities markets after its recent Merger with FMC (Forward Markets Commission).
Overall work culture in a SEBI Grade A Officer Job is extremely good with private like infrastructure and a prestigious working environment. SEBI is employee oriented organization and the exposure to various areas for the ppl work here is tremendous.
A grade officer at SEBI can get an exposure depending on the dept they will be allotted But overall whatever the department it is work exposure at SEBI is prestigious and your work and personal life balance will be good.
In a nutshell, it is the best place for a prestigious job with an attractive salary package and a healthy work-life balance.
SEBI Assistant Manager Roles
The SEBI Recruitment notifications states about the different streams within SEBI – General, Legal, Electrical, IT, etc. Each stream has different sets of functions which are within the ambit of the overall functionalities of SEBI as an organization.
Within these Streams as well, the selected candidates who clear the SEBI Grade A Exam would be assigned to different departments, with each departments taking care of a special function for SEBI. Following are the overall responsibilities of a SEBI as an organization and all its officer’s duties are aligned with these responsibilities.
- Approval of stock exchanges by-laws.
- Amendment of by-laws of Stock Exchanges.
- Inspection of Accounts of Stock Exchanges and various players.
- Identify and Investigate any malpractices within Securities Markets.
- Taking steps for increasing Investors knowledge on Securities Markets.
- Suspension of Security Tradings of a Stock Exchange.
- Granting and Withdrawing Recognition of a Stock Exchange.