To prepare for SSC CHSL 2017
, the four main subjects that you need to be excellent at are Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability, English Language and General Awareness.
- Plan your preparation 3-4 months ahead: When it comes to preparing for the SSC CHSL competitive exam, it is always good to start early. Keep at least 3-4 months time in hand and chart out a study plan.
- The Reasoning section can be time consuming and tricky. Take out 5 minutes to glance over all the questions at the beginning. In the reasoning section, some questions might seem more difficult than others. If you get stuck on a question, leave it and move on to the next question.
- SSC CHSL exam paper has 100 questions worth 200 marks. You will get 75 minutes to solve the entire paper without any sectional time-division as such. Therefore, you get almost 80 seconds (or 1 minute 20 seconds) effectively per question. If you take away 4-5 seconds per question for switching between questions and reading them, you are left with almost 75 seconds to handle each question.
- Attempt 1-2 more Mock Tests with a Reformed Strategy.
- Stay Calm & Expect Surprises in the Exam.
- Practicing is the ultimate key to success.