2. By Registering and paying for XAT 2019, am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Candidates interested in XLRI needs to apply for the programme(s) of their choice during XAT registration. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in selection of the candidates in these institutes
For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website)
3. Does internship/ Articleship counted as work experience?
These are not counted as work experience
4. Does the work experience before Graduation is counted?
No, it is not counted as work experience.
5. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.
6. I am in the final year of my graduation, am I eligible to register for XLRI?
Yes, you are eligible for admission to XLRI. You need to complete your final year examination by June 10, 2018.
7. Is it mandatory to have a Bachelor’s Degree to appear for the test?
Yes, it is. However, students who are in the final year can apply too.
8. If I score below 50% in Bachelor’s programme, will I be denied to sit in the test?
No. You are actually eligible for the test.
9. What is the age bar for the XAT test?
There’s no age limit for the exam.
2. How do I know that my application is registered?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated “XAT ID”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
3. I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?
“XAT ID” and “PASSWORD” are also sent by auto-response Confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depend on the E-mail ID provided during the registration.
4. I am in the final year of my graduation, what percentage should I fill in the form?
Please enter the aggregate percentage of marks obtained till the time of filling the form.
5. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
6. I got Blank / Zero XAT ID after submission of application on-line?
In rare cases Candidates may get Zero (0) XAT ID with valid Password. Candidates are advised to Re-Register the Application and check the Printout through Re -Print Application.
7. I did not receive the acknowledgement/ reply to my email communication?
“Reply to” Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for “Acknowledgment”, “Vacation Mail”, “Friendship Offers”, “Sales Offers” etc. Our Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
8. I want to change/ correct the details I entered in the Application?
Prior to submission of the online application, please choose the ‘EDIT’ option to correct the details. Please remember to take fresh print out after modifying any details. Candidate should note that the data entered in Basic Info cannot be modified.
Please make one more attempt from any other PC with either Internet Explorer (9 or above), Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or above, Google chrome 3.0 or above with java script enabled before filing the report with our help desk.”
9. How do I apply for Fellow Programme in Management other than XAT?
Please visit: acad.xlri.ac.in/admission.
10. How do I apply for XLRI programme through GMAT?
Through XAT registration – xatonline.in.
11. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
Online payments involve multiple agencies and there are chances that your payment is timed out or declined. Please read through the Registration Process
12. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage for graduation and post graduation.
13. How do I calculate the aggregate marks for CBSE/ SSC. Is it the best 5 or all the subjects?
The candidate should take the aggregate of all the subjects for 10th.
14. I have done my registration. Is there any need to submit the application to the Institution?
Answer: No. The form will be submitted if you pay the fee through DD.
2. What is the mode of the exam?
2. In the examination, will there be any sectional time limits or overall time limit?
There will be no sectional time limits, there are only overall time limits.
3. Is there going to be any break between Part 1 & Part 2?
2. What documents are to be carried at the exam hall?
XAT Admit Card has to be supported by a Photo ID Proof in Original issued by Govt. of India, like Voter ID, Driving License etc.
3. Will I receive my admit card immediately after registration?
No, you will not receive it immediately. While XAT Registration 2019 close on November 30, the admit card will be available from December 20 onwards. You can last download it till January 7, 2019.
4. On the exam day, can I carry a xerox copy of my admit card?
No. You must carry any one of the valid photo id proofs in original. A Xerox or scanned copy will not be accepted at XAT exam center.
5. What do I need to do after downloading XAT Admit Card?
Once you have the Admit Card on hand, cross-check all the details mentioned on it. In case of discrepancies immediately report to XLRI. If the details are correct, print 2 copies for further use.
6. Do I have to paste my photograph in XAT Admit card?
Yes, post downloading XAT Admit card 2019, you must paste a recent photograph. It must be the same one as that used during registration. Entry to exam hall will be granted only after you paste the photograph.
7. What can I do if I lost my XAT Admit Card 2019?
Do not worry! If by some unfortunate event you happen to lose your XAT Admit Card, log-in to XAT official website and reprint it. You can download and print your admit card by logging in your candidate’s profile till the exam day.
8. I forgot my password, how can I download my XAT admit card?
If you have forgotten the XAT 2019 password saved at the time of filling up the XAT application form, you can create a new password. To create a new password go to XAT login page and click on forgot password tab. Follow the instruction and change your password to login again.
9. Can I show a digital copy of XAT admit card at the exam centre?
Only printout of the original XAT 2019 admit card will be accepted at the exam centre. Digital copy or a photocopy of the XAT admit card is not admissible.
10.Who should I contact if I am unable to download my admit card?
Since XAT admit card is available in online mode only, you would immediately need to contact the admission office of XLRI:
Toll-Free: 1800 419 2929 between 08.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. (IST)
2. Can I get my score card by post?
Yes, XLRI sends score card at candidates home by post and you can also download it from official website.
3. What is the validity of XAT scorecard?
XAT score card is valid only for a year.
4. Name top 5 institutes which accepts XAT scores?
Following are the top 5 institutes which accept XAT scores:
5. Is it possible to get 100 percentile in XAT?
No, it’s not. XLRI does not give exact 100 percentile to the candidates. Maximum 99.9+ percentile can be scored in the exam. According to the XAT officials, the percentile calculation system of XAT is slightly different and it does not enable candidate with the highest score to secure exact 100 percentile.
6. Is it possible to get a negative score and percentile in XAT 2019?
Considering the marking scheme, you may get a negative score but it is not possible to secure a percentile in negative. In the XAT scorecard, the scaled score based on the normalisation process and the percentile will be given. Both scaled scores and percentiles will be in positive.
7. When will XLRI Jamshedpur declare XAT 2019 cutoff for its programmes?
The XAT cutoff will be announced along with the XAT result by XLRI Jamshedpur. Based on the cutoff, the B-School will declare the shortlist for the selection rounds.
8. When will XLRI Jamshedpur and other participating institutes declare the shortlist?
After few days of the declaration of XAT result, XLRI Jamshedpur and other participating institutes will declare the shortlist of candidates for GD/WAT and PI rounds. The selection procedure is likely to be held in the months of March-April 2019.
2. What is the counselling fee for XLRI?
The counselling fee for XLRI is INR 1900.
3. XAT 2019 counselling will be held in which mode?
XAT 2019 counselling will be conducted in online mode only.
4. Can I change my choice after locking it?
No, you cannot change your choice after locking it.
5. What is the counselling fee for foreign candidates?
Counselling fee for foreign candidates is $50 and $25 for every additional course.
2. What details should I provide while writing for the problem?
Please do not forget to provide following details while writing to us: (1) XAT ID (2) MOBILE NO. (3) DATE OF BIRTH & (4) FULL NAME as entered in application. In case of application failure or any error message, we would like to have the screenshot of the error in JPG, GIF format or as MS Word file. Additionally, you may provide the PC Details including the Operating System (like Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc.) & Internet Browser & version (like Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 3.0, Firefox 3.5 etc.) used.
3. Can the candidates switch between sections – have access to the entire question paper like a written test?
4. What happens in case of any technical glitch in the computer of some candidates?
In case of technical glitch the candidate will be shifted to another terminal without any loss of time.
5. How can I change my exam center?
Request for change of XAT Exam Center will only be accepted in genuine cases. To apply for reallocation, contact XLRI.
6. Can I avail the services of a Scribe?
Yes. Candidates availing the services of a scribe should submit the scribe affidavit. Also, they should carry a photo id card to the test center.
7. What details a candidate should mention when writing to XLRI regarding the problem in XAT 2019 admit card?
When writing to XLRI regarding the problem on the admit card, a candidate must mention their contact details, XAT ID, full name and date of birth (DOB) as mentioned in their application.
8. What is XAT and who is the conducting authority?
XAT, also known as Xavier Aptitude Test, is a national-level management entrance test conducted by XLRI – Xavier School of Management.