2. What is the Dis-investment Target set by the government for the year 2018-19?
3. The Department of Telecom will be supporting establishment of an indigenous 5G Test Bed at which of the following educational Institution in India?
4. An Institute is coming up at which of the following cities to train manpower required for high speed rail projects?
5. Which is the scheme launched by government aimed to boosting investment in food processing Sector?
6. The target set by the Government for Institutional Credit to Agricultural Sector for 2018-19?
7. A major initiate by the government for the Health care of the Poor, National Health Protection Scheme will be providing a coverage up to what amount per family for Secondary and Tertiary Care Hospitalization?
8. Target set by the government for lending under MUDRA Yojana for the year 2018-19?
9. What is the major initiative taken up by the government to step up investments in research and related infrastructure in premier educational institutions, including health institutions?
10. The Scheme launched by government which proposes to select 1,000 best B.Tech students each year from premier institutions and provides them with facilities to pursue Ph.D. in IITs and IISc with a handsome fellowship.
11. Budgetary expenditure estimated by the Government on health, education and social protection for 2018-19 stands at?
12. As an incentive to the Women Workforce, the women employees’ contribution is reduced to what Percentage for first three years of their employment against existing rate of 12% or 10%?
13. Redevelopment of how major railway stations are being taken up by Indian Railway Station Development Co. Ltd where stations with more than 25000 footfalls will have escalators?
14: Modern train sets with state-of-the-art amenities and features are being designed at which of the following places?
15: The Government is setting up a model aspirational skill centre in every district of the country under which of the following schemes?
16. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, the total corpus of the Long Term Irrigation Fund in NABARD has been increased to?
Answer: C.Rs. 40,000
17. How much amount of agricultural credit to farmers has been proposed in the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: D.Rs. 10 lakh crore
18. The Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) credit has been carried forward from the current 10 years to how many years in the Budget Estimates in 2017-18?
Answer: A.15 Years
19. How much amount has been allocation for Women and Children welfare under various schemes across all Ministries in the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: Rs. 1, 84,632 crores
20. As mentioned in the Union Budget 2017-18, the Indian Railways coaches would be completely fitted with bio-toilets by which year?
21. What is the expected growth rate of agricultural sector for the last quarter of the fiscal year 2016-17 ending March 2017?
Answer: A.4.1 Percent
22. As per the Union Budget 2017, what is the maximum cash donation that a political party can receive from one a source?
Answer: A.Rs. 2000
23. Consider the following statements and based on the Budget Estimates 2017 identify which among the given points are correct?
i. Foreign Investment Promotion Board will be abolished in 2017-18
ii. Second phase of Solar Park development will be taken up for additional 20,000 MW capacity.
iii. A Computer Emergency Response Team for Financial Sector (CERT-Fin) will be established
Answer: D. All Are Correct
24. What is the name of the single window interface, to be launched by the Union government to register all coach related complaints and requirements?
Answer: B. Coach Mitra
25. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, what is the total allocation made under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana?
Answer: A.Rs. 2.44 Lakh crore
26. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, NABARD will computerize and integrate Primary Agriculture Credit Societies with the Core Banking System of District Central Cooperative Banks to ensure flow of credit to small farmers?
Answer: C.63, 000
27. What is the total allocation made for rural, agriculture and allied sectors as per the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: D.Rs. 187,223 crores
28. As proposed in the Budget 2017, the total amount allocated to the Bharat Net Project for digitally connected India is?
Answer: C.Rs. 10,000 crores
29. What was the total percentage increase in the Capital expenditure as proposed in the Budget Estimate 2017-18 as compared to the previous year?
Answer: B.25.4 Percent
30. NABARD will set up dedicated micro-irrigation fund to achieve Per Drop More Crop mission. What is the initial corpus of the fund?
Answer: A.Rs.5000 Crore
31. What is the total allocation made under the Fasal Bima Yojana in the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: Rs. 9000 crore
32. What is the initial corpus of the Diary Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund in NABARD as announced in Budget Estimates 2017-18?
Answer: C.RS. 2000 crore
33. An interest subvention of how many days would be provided to the farmers in respect of their loans from the cooperative credit structure?
Answer: C.60 Days
34. Coverage under National Agricultural Market (e-NAM) has been increased from 250 Agriculture Produce Marketing Committees (APMCs) to APMCs?
35. Which of the following statements are true in context to the Union Budget 2017-18?
i.100 stations will be made differently able friendly by providing lifts and escalators in 2017-18.
ii.By 2019, all coaches of Indian Railways will be fitted with bio toilets.
iii.It is proposed to feed about 7,000 stations with solar power in the medium term
iv.Railway lines of 3,500 kms will be commissioned in 2017-18.
Answer: B.Only ii, iii & iv
36. The tax rate for individuals with income between Rs. 2.5 Lakh and Rs.5 lakh has been reduced from 10 Percent to Percent?
Answer: C.5 Percent
37. What percent of surcharge on income tax would be levied on individuals with income between Rs. 50 lakhs and Rs. 1 crore?
Answer: A.10 Percent
38. Government plans to have single page income tax return filing form for taxable income up to?
Answer: D.Rs. 5 Lakh
39. Small firms with turnover up to Rs.50 crore will need to pay a tax of percent instead of 30 percent?
Answer: B.25 Percent
40. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, a surcharge of percent on income tax would be applicable on total income above Rs. 1 crore?
Answer: C.15 Percent
41. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, a tax rebate of how much amount would be provided to individuals having income up to Rs 3.5 lakh?
Answer: D.Rs. 2500 Crore
42. What is the pegged fiscal deficit for 2017-18 as proposed in Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: C.3.2 Percent of GDP
43. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, government has proposed to set up 2 strategic crude oil reserves in which of the following locations?
Answer: B.Chandikhole in Odisha and Bikaner in Rajasthan
44. The allocation for highways under the road sector has increased from Rs. 57,976 crores in 2016-17 to Rs ___ crores in 2017-18?
Answer: Rs. 64,900 crores
45. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, the government aims to eliminate unmanned level crossings on Broad Gauge lines by which year?
46. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, the allowable provision for Non-Performing Asset of Banks has been increased from 7.5 percent to ____ percent?
Answer: A.8.5 Percent
47. The total allocation under MGNREGA has been increased to all time high at Rs. ___ in the Budget Estimate 2017?
Answer: Rs. 48000 crore
48. According to the Union Budget 2017, Women participation in MGNREGA has increased to ___ percent from less than 48 percent?
Answer: D.55 Percent
49. The government aims to bring one crore households out of poverty and 50,000 Gram Panchayats poverty free by which year?
50. Based on the Union Budget 2017-18, Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion programme (SANKALP) will be launched at a cost of Rs.?
Answer: B.Rs. 4000 crores
51. How much amount has been assigned to launch next phase of Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) in 2017-18?
Answer: D.Rs. 2200 crores
52. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the Budget 2017, the Foreign exchange reserves have reached US Dollar billion as on 20th January, 2017
Answer: A.USD 361 billion
53. Which among the given statements are true as per the Union Budget 2017-18?
i. For imparting new skills to people in rural areas, mason training will be provided to 5 lakh persons by 2022
ii. Sanitation coverage in rural India has gone up from 42% in Oct 2014 to about 60%.
iii. Allocation for Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Program and Credit Support Schemes has been increased three times.
iv. A programme of “human resource reforms for results” will be launched during 2017-18 for human resources development in Panchayati Raj Institutions
Answer: D. All Are Correct
54. How many farm ponds under MANREGA have been proposed in the Union Budget for 2017-18?
Answer: D.5 Lakhs
55. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin), government aims to complete 1 crore houses for the houseless and those living in kutcha houses by which year?
56. As proposed in the Union Budget 2017-18, three new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will be established in which states?
Answer: C.Jharkhand, Telangana and Gujarat
57. The Union Government aims to achieve 100 percent electrification of all the villages of India by which year?
Answer: A. May 1, 2018
58. How much amount has been proposed under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin) in the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: B.Rs. 23,000 crores
59. The National Housing Bank will refinance individual housing loans of about Rs. __ in 2017-18?
Answer: D.Rs. 20,000 crores
60. The Union Government aims to eliminate Measles by which year?
61. The Union Government aims to eliminate Kala-Azar and Filariasis by which year?
62. The Union Government aims to eliminate Tuberculosis by which year?
63. The Union Government aims to eliminate Leprosy by which year?
64. How much amount has been proposed by the government in the Union Budget 2017 for each pregnant woman under Maternity Benefit Scheme who undergoes institutional delivery and vaccinates their children?
Answer: Rs. 6000
65. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, centre has allocated how much amount to set up Mahila Shakti Kendra?
Answer: A.Rs. 500 crores
66. The union government aims to achieve a target of how many digital transactions in 2017-18 through UPI, USSD, Aadhar Pay, IMPS and debit cards?
Answer: B.2500 crore
67. Among the given statements, which are true in respect of the Union Budget 2017- 18?
i. Government aims to launch a scheme to create employment in the leather and footwear industries along the lines in Textiles Sector.
ii. Incredible India 4.0 Campaign will be launched across the world to promote tourism and employment.
iii. SWAYAM platform, leveraging IT, to be launched with at least 350 online courses.
Answer: D. All are Correct
68. The Union government aims to create how many additional Post Graduate seats per annum in Medical colleges to ensure adequate availability of specialist doctors to strengthen Secondary and Tertiary levels of health care?
69. The Basic customs duty on LNG has been reduced from 5 percent to ___ percent?
Answer: D.2.5 Percent
70. The Union Government has targeted the fiscal deficit for 2017-18 at percent of GDP?
Answer: C.3.2 Percent
71. How many new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) would be set up in 2017-18 as per the Union Budget 2017?
72. Banks have targeted to introduce how many Aadhar based Point-Of-Sales (POS) machines by September 2017?
Answer: D.20 Lakh
73. Banks have targeted to introduce additional 10 lakh new POS terminals by which year?
Answer: A. March 2017
74. How much amount has been allocated for recapitalization of Banks provided in 2017- 18 as per the estimates of Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: B.Rs.10, 000 crores
75. What is the total allocation made under the transportation sector as a whole including rail, roads, shipping in the Union Budget 2017?
Answer: D.Rs.2, 41,387 crores
76. The total capital and development expenditure in the railway sector has been pegged at Rs.__in the Budget Estimates for 2017-18?
Answer: C.Rs. 1, 31,000 crores
77. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, transaction above how much will not be permitted in cash?
Answer: A.Rs. 3 Lakhs
78. Which national agency will be phased out in the next fiscal, as per the Budget 2017?
Answer: B. Foreign Investment Promotion Board
79. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, the allocation for PM’s Employment Generation and Credit Support schemes has been increased by how many times?
Answer: B.3 Times
80. Which facility was announced for senior citizens in Budget 2017-2018?
Answer: A. Aadhaar-enabled smart cards
81. The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has given the Agenda for 2017-18 Buget as TEC India. Expand TEC India?
Answer: C.Transform, Energies and Clean India
82. How much amount has been allocated for the welfare of Scheduled Castes in the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: A.Rs. 52,393 crores
83. How much amount has been proposed in the Union Budget 2017-18 for the welfare of Scheduled Tribes?
Answer: B.Rs. 31,920 crores
84. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, which schemes would be launched by the government to promote usage of BHIM App?
Answer: A. Referal Bonus Scheme and Cash back Scheme
85. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, the holding period for the long term capital gains has been reduced from 3 years to how many years?
Answer: C.2 Years
86. As proposed in the Budget 2017, high speed Broadband connectivity on optical fiber will be made available in nearly __ gram panchayats by the end of 2017-18?
87. The government has proposed to launch a new and restructured Central scheme for export named ___ in 2017-18?
Answer: B. Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES)
88. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, the capital gains tax has been exempted for persons holding the land which was pooled for creation of the state capital?
Answer: A. Telangana
89. How much amount has been allocated for Ministry of Science and Technology in the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: A.Rs 37,435 crore
90. How much amount has been allocated to the Department of Economic Affairs in the Budget 2017?
Answer: D.Rs. 3,000 crore
91. How many Health sub centers has been decided to be transformed into health wellness centres as per the Union Budget 2017-18?
Answer: B.1.5 lakh
92. Which initiative has been proposed in the Union Budget 2017-18 by the government to provide tele-medicine, education and skills through digital technology?
Answer: C. DigiGaon
93. As per the data in Union Budget 2017-18, more than percent of FDI inflows are through automated route?
Answer: B.90 Percent
94. How many Special Tourism Zones have been proposed by the government to be established in 2017-19?
Answer: B. Five
95. How many international skill centers to be opened to help people get jobs in abroad?
96. The government aims to launch SWAYAM Platform to provide at-least 350 online courses for enabling students to virtually attend courses. What does SWAYAM stands for?
Answer: B. Study Webs of Active –Learning for Young Aspiring Minds
97. According to the Union Budget 2017-18, the total resources transferred to the States and Union Territories is?
Answer: B.Rs. 4.11 Lakh Crore
98. As per the data in the Budget 2017-18, World Bank has projected India’s GDP growth rate at percent for Financial Year 2018?
Answer: A.7.6 percent
99. As per the Union Budget 2017-18, a tax rate of 25 percent would be levied on small and medium sized enterprises which have an annual turnover of up to Rs.
Answer: B.Rs.50 crore
100. Which of the following campaigns will be launched by the Union Government to promote tourism and employment, as per the Union Budget 2017?
Answer A. Incredible India 2.0
101. The purpose of Kusum Scheme announced in the union budget is
Answer: To double the income of farmers by 2022.
102.In Kusum Scheme, “KUSUM” stands for?
Answer: Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan
103. What is the total outlay of Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan – Kusum Scheme for farmers?
Answer: ₹48,000 crore
104. Government has announced to provide “Nyuntam Samarthan Mulya” for TOP. What does TOP stands for?
Answer: Tomato, Onion & Potato
105. Government has announced to extend the Kisan Credit Card facility to
Answer: Fisheries and Animal Husbandry
106. Government has announced to develop & upgrade how many rural haats into Gramin Agricultural Markets (GrAMs)?
107. How much amount has been allocated for food processing?
Answer: ₹1400 crore
108. Government has announced to launch Operation Green with a corpus of?
Answer: ₹500 crore
109. Government has announced to launch Operation Green for which purpose?
Answer: To address price fluctuations in potato, tomato and onion for benefit of farmers and consumers.
110. How much amount did government allocate for Fisheries and Aquaculture and Animal Husbandry Development Fund?
Answer: ₹10,000 crore
111. Government has announced to double the income of the farmers by _______.
112. The agricultural credit target as set in Budget 2018-19 is
Answer: ₹11 lakh crore
113. Government announced to introduce a special scheme to support which of the following states to manage the burning of crop residue and reduce pollution?
Answer: Haryana, Punjab & Delhi
114. What does GOBAR stands for in Gobar Dhan Scheme?
Answer: Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources
115. How many districts have been chosen to create role models for Gobar Dhan Scheme
116. What is the estimated budgetary expenditure on health, education and social protection for 2018-19?
Answer: ₹1.38 lakh crore
117. How much amount has been allocated for National Social Assistance Programme in the Union Budget 2018-19?
118. In the budget 2018-19, it was announced that every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons, will have an Ekalavya Model Residential School by which year?
119. Government recently announce the initiative RISE by 2022 in Budget 2018-19. What does RISE stands for?
Answer: Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education
120. What will be the total investment in the initiative named ‘‘Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE) by 2022’’?
Answer: ₹1,00,000 crore
121. Which of the following organization will fund and monitor the ‘‘Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE) by 2022’’?
Answer: Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA)
122. How much amount has been allocated for food processing?
Answer: ₹1400 crore
123. How much amount did government allocate for School Education in budget 2018-19?
Answer: ₹50,000 crore
124. How much amount did government allocate for Higher Education sector in budget 2018-19?
125. How many fellows would be selected in total under ‘Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF)’?
126. What is the total outlay of ‘Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF)’?
Answer: ₹1,650 crore
127. Government has announced to transform blackboards to digital boards by _____.
128. What is the budgetary allocation for National Livelihood Mission?
Answer: ₹5750 crore
129. Central govt. has launched National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) to provide Health Insurance of _____ to poor families.
Answer: ₹5 lakh
130. How much amount of money did the government allocate for Tuberclosis patients?
131. How much amount will the government pay the Tuberclosis patients during their treatment period?
Answer: ₹500 per month
132. Government has announced to set up Health and Wellness Centres with an outlay of?
Answer:₹ 1200 crore
133. How much amount has been allocated to celebrate the 150 Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in 2019?
Answer: ₹150 crore
134. The government plans to build houses for all the poor in the country by _________.
135. The government has established a dedicated Affordable Housing Fund (AHF) in which organization?
Answer: National Housing Bank
136. The government also plans to increase the loans to Self Help Groups of women to _______ by March, 2019.
Answer: ₹75,000 crore
137. How much amount has been allocated for medium, small and micro enterprises (MSME) sector towards credit support, capital and interest subsidy as well as to spur innovation?
Answer: ₹3,794 crore
138. In MUDRA Yojana, what percent of loan accounts are of women?
139. How much amount has been set as a target for lending under MUDRA for 2018-19?
Answer: ₹3 lakh crore
140. Union Government has announced to contribute what percent of the wages of the new employees in the EPF for all the sectors for next three years?
141. What is the proposed outlay for the textile sector in 2018-19 Union Budget?
Answer: ₹7,148 crore
142. The Finance Minister placed the revised estimate of government expenditure for the fiscal at _________.
Answer:₹ 21.57 lakh crore
143. The projected fiscal deficit of the FY 2018-19 is ____.
144. Government has announced a 100 per cent tax deduction to farmer-producer companies having a turnover below ____.
Answer: ₹100 crore
145. As per the Union Budget 2018, corporate tax will be reduced to 25 per cent for companies having turnover of up to what amount? –
Answer: ₹250 crore
146. In Union Budget 2018-19, exemption of interest income for deposits in banks and post offices was increased for senior citizens to ________.
147. Customs duty on mobile phones and parts of televisions was increased to ________.
Answer:20 per cent
148. The government has announced that no more education cess will be levied on imported goods. However, education cess will be replaced by what percent social welfare surcharge?
149. Government announced increase of budgetary allocation on infrastructure for 2018-19 to _________.
Answer: ₹5.97 lakh crore
150. Name the online monitoring system by which projects worth 9.46 lakh crore have been facilitated and fast tracked.
151. Using online monitoring system of PRAGATI alone projects worth 9.46 lakh crore have been facilitated and fast-tracked. What does PRAGATI stand for?
Answer: Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation
152. How many prominent tourist sites have been proposed to be developed into Iconic Tourism destinations by following a holistic approach?
153. Under the Bharatmala Pariyojana, about 35000 kms road construction in Phase-I at an estimated cost of _______.
Answer: ₹5,35,000 crore
154. As per the Budget 2018-19, how many cities have been selected under Smart City programme?
155. As per the Budget 2018-19, 99 cities have been selected under Smart City programme. What is the outlay?
Answer: ₹2.09 lakh
156. Government announced for creation of livelihood and infrastructure in rural areas, total amount to be spent by various Ministries will be ______.
Answer: ₹14.34 lakh crore
157. Strengthening the Groundwater irrigation scheme under Prime Minister Krishi Sinchai Yojna – Har Khet ko Pani how much amount did the Government allocate?
Answer: ₹2600 crore
158. Railways Capital Expenditure for the year 2018-19 has been pegged at ___________.
Answer: ₹1,48,528 crore
159. How much km of railway line was announced in budget to be doubled to eliminate capacity constraints?
160. Mumbai‟s local train network will have 90 kilometers of double line tracks at a cost of over ________.
Answer: ₹11,000 crore
161. 150 kilometers of additional suburban network is being planned in Mumbai at a cost of over ______________.
Answer: ₹40,000 crore
162. A suburban network of approximately 160 kilometers at an estimated cost of ₹17,000 crore is being planned in which city?
163. A suburban network of approximately 160 kilometers at an estimated cost of ₹17,000 crore is being planned in which city?
164. A suburban network of approximately 160 kilometers is being planned in Bengaluru with an estimated cost of __________.
165. According to the Union Budget 2018, all stations with more than how many footfalls will have escalators?
166. For which of the following purpose did the government announce the initiative NABH Nirman?
Answer: To expand airport capacity
167. The Budget proposes to expand the airport capacity more than five times to handle a billion trips a year. How much amount has been allocated to kick-start this initiative?
Answer: ₹60 crore
168. According to the budget 2018-19, which organization will initiate a national program to direct efforts in artificial intelligence?
Answer: NITI Aayog
169. How much amount has been allocated for Digital India programme in FY18-19?
Answer:₹ 3073 crore
170. To further Broadband access in villages, the Government proposes to set up how many Wi-Fi hotspots?
Answer: 5 lakh
171. How much amount has been allocated in 2018-19 for creation and augmentation of Telecom infrastructure?
Answer: ₹10,000 crore
172. India’s defence budget for the coming financial year 2018-19 has been increased by what percent?
173. India’s defence budget for the coming financial year 2018-19 has been increased to __________.
Answer: ₹2,95,511.41 crore
174. In India’s Defence Budget, how much amount has been allocated for revenue expenditure?
Answer: ₹1,95,947.55 crore
175. In India’s Defence Budget, how much amount has been allocated for capital expenditure
Answer:₹ 99,563.86 crore
176. First defence corridor will be established in ______.
Answer: Tamil Nadu
177. In Budget 2018-19, it was announced that the first defence corridor will be established in Tamil Nadu. It will link which two cities?
Answer: Chennai & Bengaluru
178. The government has proposed to construct a tunnel under the Sela pass. In which state Sela Pass is located?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
179. The disinvestment target for FY2018-19 has been set to ________.
Answer: ₹80,000 Crore
180. Which of the following public insurance companies will be merged into a single insurance entity?
Answer: National Insurance Co. Ltd., United India Assurance Co. Ltd., and Oriental India insurance Co. Ltd
181. According to the Budget 2018-19, what is the revised salary for the President?
Answer: ₹5 lakh
182. According to the Budget 2018-19, what is the revised salary for the vice-president?
Answer: ₹4 lakh
183. According to the Budget 2018-19, what is the revised salary for the state/UT governors?
Answer: ₹3.5 lakh