Dr Ambedkar Central Sector Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies (CSSISELOS) for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Economically Backward Classes (EBCs):
- Launched on:
- Launched by: Government of India
- Aim: To award interest subsidy to meritorious students belonging to the Other Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education abroad and enhance their employability.
- Key Features:
- To provide interest subsidy to the student belonging to the OBCs and EBCs for overseas studies to pursue approved courses of studies abroad at Masters, M.Phil. And PhD level
- Applicable for higher studies abroad which is linked with the existing Educational Loan Scheme of Indian Banks Association (IBA) and restricted to students enrolled for course at Masters, M.Phil. And PhD level.
- For OBC students, total income shall not exceed Rs.3.00 lakh per annum.
- For EBC candidates, total income shall not exceed Rs.1.00 lakh per annum.
- Income certificate produced by the student for availing Educational Loan viz. ITR/Form 16/Audited Accounts/Income certificate issued by the authority of State Government/UT Administration is acceptable to determining Income ceiling.