SQL Statements includes the basic functionality of SQL keywords. SQL statements are divided into few types. The following are lists of SQL statements types:
|Type of SQL Statements
||Create, Alter, Drop, Truncate
||Insert, Update, Delete
||Commit, Rollback, Save points
Data Definition Language(DDL) is utilized to characterize information in database server. DDL statements explains, how the pattern of data should be there in the database schema table and includes the following commands.
- Create – Create a table in the database.
- Alter – Alter a table in the database.
- Drop – Drop a table from the database.
- Truncate – Is used to remove all rows from the database.
Data Manipulation Language
Data manipulation language is utilized to manage data within the table.
- Insert – Used to insert a new command inside the database.
- Update – Used to update the values in the database.
- Delete – Used to delete all the rows from the database.
To perform DML operations on a table permissions are required which are called “Privileges”. And these privileges can be easily accessed by using Data Control Language.
- Grant – Grant a permission to client.
- Revoke – Revoke a permission from client.
And for detailed explanation about Grant and Revoke will there in the following link: Data Control Language
Transaction Control Language
A Transaction is a collection of SQL statement between specific client and server. And these transactions can be efficiently handled by using transaction control language.
- Commit – All the work done will be made permanent in the server.
- Rollback – Cancel all the modifications in the last transaction.
- Save points – Rollback operation will be performed as a part of transaction.
And for detailed explanation about Commit, Rollback and Save points will there in the following link: Transaction Control Language.
- SQL Statements – Describe the SQL standard keyword in the database.
- Data Definition Language – Used to define data in database server.
- Data Manipulation Language – Used to manipulate data in the database server.
- Data Control Language – Perform operations on a table by giving permissions.
- Transaction Control Language – Will handle a transaction by using specific client and server.