has collated the list of a few important things you should do as a blogger
a) WordPress Blog Important Things – SEO or Optimize your Articles for Search Engine
This is one of the biggest problems with almost every new blogger. They write beautiful content but it is hardly optimized for search engines.
For search engines, you should have On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO, and Technical Seo
Off-Page SEO aims at link building
. You can submit your articles on social media and Web 2.0 platforms
. Submit guest posts on relevant niches to get backlinks. Everyone knows about link building but not everyone is serious about it. The best way is to have manual and natural links targeting your site. Do not link to spam sites and low DA/PA website
On-Page SEO aims at fixing the error on your page. Like proper Headings (H1, H2 Tags), small paragraphs and Images with Alt text, etc. Also, you need to have proper SEO title, Meta description of the content.
Suggestion: Use Plugins like Yoast or RankMath.
aims at fixing hygiene factors like User Experience. User experience is the utmost priority of every search engine today. You get relevant information to display on various websites, but not all of them are user friendly.
For this please focus on website speed, sitemap submission to Google, Proper Site navigation, and search box
b) WordPress Blog Important Things -Write a lengthy and detailed article
Gone are the days when a 500-word article
used to rank. Today, if your article is not detailed, it will never rank.
If you will search on the top 10 articles shown as a result by Google
, all of them will be detailed at least 1500 words plus
. Most of the articles are now inching towards 3000-4000 words
. What else? You should include images, charts, and infographics to provide the best user experience. If you are a new blogger or planning to start a blog
, you must consider this tip while writing your pillar articles
c) WordPress Blog Important Things – Use Social Media to Promote your Blog Posts
Only 1% of blogs get some traffic from Google. Almost every site stays in Google Sandbox for at least 3-4 months Google needs to understand your site better before displaying it in search results. What till then? You must use social media to promote your articles and blog posts. Never let your site die if Google is not ranking it. Build your audience through social media. You really can get tons of traffic through Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Medium, and even Quora. There is over 100 such platform.
d) WordPress Blog Important Things – Choose a Good Web Hosting
New bloggers often choose cheap hosting when they start blogging. It is obvious too as most of us do not have that budget to afford the cost web hosting plans. But there are many leading globally renowned web hosting offering their entry-level plans on a huge discount. As per cheapandbesthosting.com, you have to choose those hosting providers only, where you can easily scale your plans without any hassle. Visit the best web hosting review site to find out multiple hosting options, read the reviews, and buy one for you.
For web hosting, Uptime and speed are the two most important factors to consider. If your hosting is down for most of the time, your visitors will suffer. Similarly, if the hosting will be slow, it will be bad user experience.
e) WordPress Blog Important Things – Use CDN
Content Delivery Network improves your user experience but improving the speed of your pages. It simply creates multiple copies of the website on multiple servers across the globe which ultimately reduces the burden on your server. All users across the world are served pages from the server nearest to their locations, so the pages load quickly.
f) WordPress Blog Important Things – Ensure no Grammatical Mistakes
1. You don’t need to add heavyweight words, jargon, and phrases, etc, you should keep it simple to read and understand.
2. However, if the article is not grammatically correct, it will not be liked by the audience.
3. You can use free tools like Grammarly to check basic spelling mistakes and other grammatical errors.
g) WordPress Blog Important Things – Proper Keyword Research
1. There are many keywords on which your article can rank. But few are low hanging fruits which we always need to check before writing content.
h)WordPress Blog Important Things – Upgrade your content regularly
2. If you are using the keywords which are targeted by other big players and they are already ranking on it, you will find it really hard to compete with them.
3. For new blogs, it is important to check the competition level of every single keyword. Initially, target the keywords that are easy to rank. Semrush is the recommended tool by the cheapandbesthosting.com team.
4. Write a detailed article on those keywords and promote them on all social media platforms.
1. So, Google loves fresh and updated content. If you think that you have written the article today and it will keep on ranking for the rest of your life, it is a wrong thought process.
2. If your article is regularly updated and refreshed with the latest content and images etc, it will see ranking improvements.
i) WordPress Blog Important Things – Capture emails of visitors
The biggest mistake new bloggers make is that they never focus on capturing the emails of their visitors. All professional bloggers are smart, they ask for the emails of their visitors by simply offering some free tutorials, tools, or E-books.
This way, they engage with them by sending continuous emails about offers and deals. This gives them a traffic boost and finally overall sales or advertisement revenue.
j) WordPress Blog Important Things – Use Mobile responsive lightweight themes and plugins
1. Always use lightweight themes as they are quick to load. If your themes are fast, it will be a great user experience for visitors.
2. Similarly, plugins, if they are heavyweight, you will find slow page loads. Every plugin loads in the memory of hosting and slows down the processing.
3. Delete all the plugins which are not in use or you can simply avoid them.
4. Generate Press is the recommended theme as it is one of the fastest and loads quickly.